Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

"Halloween is teaching our kids to be liberals because we're teaching kids to knock on other people's doors and ask for a handout."-Sean Hannity. I somehow stumbled upon this quote this morning and it made me laugh, probably because I believe it partly to be true and partly because I never thought someone could turn Halloween into something political.
I've never been a huge Halloween fan, even when I was little. I think my fear of this day comes from when we'd walk over to my Grandma's house to kick off our Trick or Treat festivities and every year she'd find a new, clever way to scare the heck out of us. However, I purchased two huge bags of candy for the neighborhood kids, who I might add have yet to come by, so it looks as though I might be stuck with 2 large bags of Halloween candy that I need to get rid of before I decide to eat it all!
This Halloween was exciting for me for another reason, I decided I was going to join in on the Crossfit craze! I've heard only amazing reviews from friends who have taken it and decided I was going to give it a go. I went in for an introductory session and although my free intro workout session only lasted 5:42 (which consisted of 500m rowing, 40 squats, 30 sit-ups, 20 pushups and 10 assisted pull-ups) I absolutely fell in love! I signed up immediately and am going in for my first class tomorrow morning. I love the intensity of the exercises combined with the coaching and competitiveness that comes along with the 1 hour session. It is awesome to see people of every fitness level getting together, competing, encouraging and working out together. I'm actually so excited about getting started tomorrow I might have trouble sleeping tonight!
I hope everyone has/had a safe, spooky and fun Halloween(if you're into that kinda thing!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment